First Secret rose of the season. Processed with an unsharp mask at 100%, adjusted saturation and levels, applied a selective Gaussian blur on one layer at 50% opacity. Also dodged and burned. Photoshop Elements 6 was used in the processing.
Just out today taking some photos of the last roses of the season. This rose I decided to process with a bokay texture. The texture was applied as a layer in Photoshop Elements 6 and I played around with blending modes before coming up with this result. Hope you all have a great week!
Oh boy, another rose! I tried doing something a little different with this one. I used flash when taking this photo. Processed in Photoshop Elements with adjusted levels. Run through Topaz Detail with dynamic range equalization filter. Product was then burned and the saturation was reduced to 75%.
Ok, back to the flowers! I found this little rose tucked in my rose bush. It was very small due to the hot weather but smoothing it out with Topaz Simplify really makes it look better than it did. This blossom was only about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Processed in Photoshop Elements and Topaz Simplify buz sim. The fine line around the photo is done with a 5 pixel Stroke Selection. When I finish a photo I flatten all the layers and then duplicate the result. I then put a blank layer between the two resulting layers. This blank layer is filled with a solid color I choose that is dark and somewhat predominant in the photo or black. I then reduce the size of the top layer by pulling the corners to bring the photo into the center of the solid layer. Now I have a solid border or frame. Lastly I use my 5 px Stroke Selection picked from a complementary color to surround the photo in layer 2. This completes my three layer finish. I then flatten the layers and have a finished composition. Have a great week everyone!